News : Horizons : Search for 2019 Artists04.04.2019
BBC Cymru Wales and Arts Council of Wales have opened applications for this year?s Horizons scheme, offering twelve new artists/bands the chance to develop their careers in the public eye. The project is in its fifth year and is one of the most successful creative initiatives in Wales.
Last year's Horizons alumni included Adwaith (above) - whose debut album Melyn we judged the best of 2018 - and punk-blues duo Alffa, whose song Gwenwyn had over a million streams on Spotify.
Each of the 48 acts so far selected for the scheme has merit; grassroots contemporary music in Wales certainly warrants the opportunities, mentoring and exposure Horizons delivers. The scope of that support for 2019 includes:
- exposure across BBC Cymru Wales services
- direct contact with a BBC producer overseeing the project
- a BBC recording session
- promotional tools including a professional photoshoot and video
- career mentoring through a music industry development lab
- opportunities to perform at a programme of Welsh festivals/events and BBC Cymru Wales events
Applications are open from April 4 to Midnight, May 1 - using this online form - selection announcements will follow in June.
ALFFA I Gwenwyn